One of my favourite activities in the warm summer months is visiting local farms and farmer’s markets. I’m a huge sucker for the pick-your-own berry farms, and if you’ve ever been to one, you’ll know that no supermarket strawberry tastes as good as one ripened by the sun and eaten straight off of its stem.
While these berries are better than candy just on their own, I also like to blend them into my smoothies. This recipe is chock-full of disease-fighting antioxidants thanks to deeply coloured blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. I’ve also added some North Coast Naturals 100% Iso-Protein in Vanilla for its muscle repairing superpowers, as well as Hemp Seeds for a little dose of healthy fats. Enjoy!
- 2 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 scoop vanilla North Coast Naturals 100% Iso-Protein
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp North Coast Naturals Hemp Seeds
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- a big handful of ice cubes
- Add all ingredients except ice to your blender and whirl until almost smooth
- Let the smoothie sit for about 2 minutes. The chia seeds will absorb some of the liquid, making the mixture thicker.
- Add the ice and continue blending until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
Angela is an avid runner, fitness instructor, foodie, healthy living blogger, and owner of her business, Spin 360 Health Coaching. Having been overweight, unhappy and insecure as a teenager, Angela took control, changed her unhealthy habits, and adopted a clean eating lifestyle that she continues to maintain today. Her goal is to support, inspire, and motivate others to improve their health and be their best. You can learn more about her on her blog, Eat-Spin-Run-Repeat.com.