When you make your way down the average grocery store aisle, “high in fibre” is something you see touted on just about everything from breakfast bars to pasta. Unfortunately, many processed fibre bars are often high in added sugars, preservatives and other additions that don’t really need to be there. In come these High-Fibre Oat and Almond Bars featuring our Ultimate Daily Cleanse!
A diet high in fibre has many proven health benefits. Including high-fbre plant foods in your diet promotes regularity, helps to control blood sugar levels, can lower cholesterol and also help to maintain a healthy body weight. If you can get an extra boost of dietary fibre with something as delicious as these no-bake bars, why wouldn’t make a batch today?!
Not only are they high in fibre, but they also provide essential fatty acids, plant-based protein and they’re dairy-free. These bars make an excellent healthy breakfast, they’re great as an energy bar and they make a healthy snack that can be enjoyed anytime of day. Plus they’re just sweet enough to make a healthy and satisfying dessert option, especially if you add in some chocolate chips!
These take all of about 10 minutes to make and you only need 6 common pantry ingredients to put them together. You can easily customize them by swapping out the almonds for walnuts or cashews, or the almond butter for peanut butter or other nut butter.
You can also try adding in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, raisins or cranberries for some added sweetness. Wrap them individually with saran or wax paper for a homemade energy bar on the go and store any extras in the fridge in an air-tight container. These bars should keep for a week or so in the fridge, if they last that long!
- 1 cup soft, pitted dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ⅔ cup North Coast Naturals Ultimate Daily Cleanse
- ⅔ cup quick oats (use gluten-free if needed)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- heaping ¼ cup almond butter (peanut butter works too)
- Process the dates and almonds in a food processor or high powered blender until the almonds are broken down and it forms a dough. If your dates are dry and it's not coming together, add warm water 1 tsp at a time until it does.
- Remove from blender and place in a bowl.
- Mix in the Ultimate Daily Cleanse, oats, maple syrup and almond butter.
- Press into a 7 x 7 '' wax paper lined baking pan.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cut into 12 squares.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
-By Deryn Macey