Today I will be sharing with you some double chocolate, guilt-free goodness. I am a huge advocate for eating dessert and these muffins are packed with protein, thanks to the North Coast Naturals 100% Iso-Protein, and fibre from the Ultimate Daily Cleanse. This is a treat you can feel good about eating!
They are gluten and oil-free and can easily be made vegan and sugar-free with a few simple substitutions. When baking, I usually make small batches, so this recipe only yields six muffins however, you could easily double the recipe for a bigger batch.
PS – storing the muffins in the fridge gives them a fudge-y, chewy, brownie like texture. Yum!
- ¼ cup ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup plain, full fat greek yogurt*
- 2 TBSP honey*
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup gluten-free oat flour*
- ⅛ cup cacao powder
- 2 TBSP North Coast Naturals 100% Iso-Protein in Chocolate
- 1 TBSP Ultimate Daily Cleanse + 2 tbsp water to make a flax egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips*
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients together and pour into greased or lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 15 mins.
*use maple syrup for vegan
*make your own oat flour by grinding oats in a blender
*use dairy free chocolate chips for vegan
Tatum Wood shares her passion for delicious, good for you recipes and balanced, healthy living on her blog, Eats from the Oil Patch. She lives in Northern Alberta and is currently studying Natural Nutrition to become a Registered Holistic Nutritionist.
Connect with Tatum: Blog | Instagram | Pinterest