There is something truly magical that happens when the seasons change. When summer turns into fall I love the way the leaves turn into full colour and the crispness of the cold air in my lungs. My favourite thing to do in fall, is to cozy up in my fuzzy blanket sitting with a nice hot meal. I haven’t always loved oatmeal. But when I learned that you can take oatmeal and transform it into some spicy, sweet and savoury I was in!
This oatmeal has all that those amazing spices of cloves, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon and nutmeg that taste like fall. Sweetened with dates, it has that beautiful natural sweet flavour. And the savoury pumpkin and oat undertones blend perfectly with the spice and sweetness, with that hint of savoury. The WELLNESS part of this bowl is North Coast Naturals Ultimate Daily Cleanse™ . It’s the most complete fibre formula that also provides healthy probiotics, the good bacteria for good digestive health. Featuring 5 whole food fibres and probiotics. The perfect addition to any oatmeal bowl to help us cleanse our bodies and support ourselves to be well on our way to obtaining our daily fibre intake. It has some amazing benefits.
Features & Benefits
• The RIGHT AMOUNT of fibre
• The RIGHT KINDS of fibre
• Plus EFAs for GENTLER CLEANSING
• Helps eliminate food waste DAILY, PROPERLY, GENTLY
• And fortified WITH PREBIOTICS & PROBIOTICS for an even healthier digestive system
• Soy free, dairy free, wheat gluten free
The one phenomenal part about this bowl is the Cinnamon Date Almond Milk to pour over it. Oh I must admit I was drinking it straight out of the jar. I just couldn’t help myself. But I am happy that there was some left for the oatmeal because it took it from being good to OMG wow!! I hope you have as much fun making this dish as I did sharing it with you. I would love to see your creations and let me know what you did to make it yours! Because a recipe is always made to be broken.
Have a beautiful day.
With love and gratitude,
- 1 Cup Quick Rolled Oats (organic)
- 1½ Cups Alkaline Water
- 1 Pinch Celtic Sea
- ¼ Cup Pumpkin Puree Organic
- ⅛ Tsp Turmeric
- ¼-1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Spice (Add more or less depending if you like it Spicy)
- 9 drops Organic Liquid Stevia (I use Sweet Leaf)
- 2 tbsp Daily Cleanse From North Coast Naturals
- 1 cup Almond Milk Organic
- 4 Dates (I used small organic ones.)
- ⅛ tsp Cinnamon
- Add oats, salt, pumpkin and spices into a sauce pan. turn on medium and bring to boil. Turn on low and keep stirring until the oats are cooked. if it is quick oats 4-5 minutes. Set aside and prepare milk. Put into bowl. Top with Daily Cleanse. And you can add any toppings you like. I used hemp seeds, coconut yogurt and cinnamon.
- Warm dates, milk and cinnamon on the stove in a pot. Add in a high powered blender like a Vitamin and blend until dates are blended in.