As a busy mom, life coach and student, it can be challenging to eat on the go. I always love to have healthy snacks in my car to keep my blood sugars balanced throughout the day to keep my energy levels up.
It isn’t always convenient to make a smoothie or salad and I am not a huge fan of store bought protein bars, so I made these amazing Peanut Butter Bliss Balls. They are GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN, AND PACKED FULL OF PROTEIN! They are made with dates, which provides the perfect sweetness and gives you that little extra blast of energy. The peanut butter fat helps keep you fuller longer and satisfies those peanut butter cravings. The amazing VEGE PRO 7 powder from North Coast Naturals adds in 7 plant powered proteins of organic pumpkin seeds, bio fermented brown rice, hemp seeds, sprouted quinoa, coconut, and alfalfa. All these proteins are organic too!! Yay!!
These are perfect for after a workout at the gym or when you are hitting your afternoon wall and are about to reach for a cup of coffee. The other beautiful thing about these snacks is you don’t have to bake them!! They whip up in your food processor in 10 minutes flat and little clean up time.
Let me know if you make this recipe and what you think of them. Maybe you switched it up and added something else! Be creative and get you afternoon and post workout snack on!
- 1 cup dates (dates will have to pre-soak if they aren't soft)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 scoop North Coast Naturals Vege Pro-7 (Vanilla)
- ½ cup coconut flour Nutiva
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (used to decorate)
- To colour the outside
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 5 drops natural food colours (I used India Tree - made from spirulina)
- 10 drops water just enough to be able to mix
- To make balls: put dates in food processor. Pulse until made into paste. Add rest of ingredients, except sesame seeds. Pulse until combined. Roll into balls. You can roll them in sesame seeds or anything that your heart desires.
- To make blue balls: take some coconut flour mixed with the blue in your hands and roll the ball around until it is covered and you get the blue colour you are looking for. You could colour them any colour you wish.