It’s THAT time of year again – whether you love it or hate it, fall is definitely a time for ALL PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!
So, in keeping with tradition, we made this little beauty for you, which will have you FALL-ing (sorry) head over heels for more.
- Pumpkin Swiss Roll Ingredients:
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup of REAL mashed pumpkin (boiled)
- NCN VEGE-PRO 7 Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients:
- 1 (8 ounce) of brick cream cheese, stored at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 scoops of NCN VEGE-PRO 7 vanilla flavor
- To make the Swiss Roll:
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt in medium bowl, until satisfied.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until desirably thick. Add in the vanilla and pumpkin, and whisk. Fold in the flour mixture, and stir together until just combined.
- Line a pan with parchment paper, leaving an extra 1-inch of parchment sticking up on both 15-inch sides of the pan so that you can easily lift the cake out after baking.
- Spread the batter evenly into a prepared pan, and bake for 15 minutes, or until the top of cake springs back when touched. Carefully lift the parchment paper and cake out onto a flat surface.
- Then, slowly use your hands to roll the cake, rolling from the short end to the short end, until it is completely rolled up. Allow to cool.
- To make the VEGE-PRO 7 cream cheese filling:
- Whilst the cake is cooling, whisk together the cream cheese and butter until desirably smooth. If the filling is too thin, add more VEGE-PRO 7.
- Similarly, if it is too thick, add a half teaspoon or two of water.
- Finishing touches
- When the cake has reached room temperature, transfer to a flat surface, and VERY carefully un-roll it until flat. Spread the VEGE-PRO 7 cream cheese mixture evenly over the cake, leaving a ¾-inch border on all sides.
- Then, carefully re-roll the cake, gently peeling away the parchment paper as you roll until you can completely remove and discard it. Tightly wrap the pumpkin roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Remove and unwrap the pumpkin roll, and transfer it to your serving dish. Lightly dust the pumpkin roll with VEGE-PRO 7, and enjoy with a PSL. Basic AF!
How did your Swiss Roll turn out? Let us know by tagging us in the photos, and we will try to re-share.
Have you got any better modifications or amazing NCN recipes? We would love to hear from you at email@example.com