It’s been a long winter, but thank goodness, it appears spring has finally arrived. One of the things I get most excited about when the warm weather comes is the huge array of bright and colourful produce that comes into season. This salad blends together some of spring’s veggie superstars, as well as healthy fats from avocado, almonds, and North Coast Naturals Hemp Seeds.
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 small golden beets, peeled and sliced
- 4 small radishes
- ½ medium seedless cucumber, sliced
- ⅔ cup shelled defrosted edamame
- ⅓ cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp North Coast Naturals Hemp Seeds
- ½ avocado
- Grapefruit Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic or white wine vinegar!
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and set aside.
- Wash and chop all vegetables as indicated above.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens and golden beets with about 2 tbsp dressing. Divide them between 2 serving plates or bowls.
- Continue layering the salad by arranging the cucumbers and radishes around the outside.
- Evenly distribute the edamame and almonds between the salads.
- Peel the skin off of the avocado and cut it into slices. Place them on top of the greens.
- Sprinkle salads with hemp seeds and serve with additional dressing on the side, if desired
To view Angela’s original post, click here.
Angela is an avid runner, fitness instructor, foodie, healthy living blogger, and owner of her business, Spin 360 Health Coaching. Having been overweight, unhappy and insecure as a teenager, Angela took control, changed her unhealthy habits, and adopted a clean eating lifestyle that she continues to maintain today. Her goal is to support, inspire, and motivate others to improve their health and be their best. You can learn more about her on her blog, Eat-Spin-Run-Repeat.com.
Connect with Angela: