Guest Post by Destini Srblijanin
Hey everyone!! I can’t start to tell you HOW excited I am to write this guest post for North Coast Naturals. When I was first contacted by them several months ago, it pretty much changed my protein program. I use almost all of their products DAILY now!
My husband who suffers from lactose and gluten problems was relieved to find the products have been gentle on his stomach, but still provide nutrition that he needs for his active lifestyle.
The 100% ISO Protein tastes so YUMMY. There’s no chalky weird taste, it’s delicious with water or any non-dairy milk and it is perfect for baking.
I’m not sure about any of you, but as soon as summer changes, I get the itch for pumpkin everything. In fact, I have to have pumpkin everything! These bars made my pumpkin obsession work with my diet and workout plan. They are great meal replacements or half of one is a nice little desert after dinner (True Story: this may have happened tonight).
These bars are quick and easy to make, and they freeze perfectly. I’ll take one out the night before and place in the fridge, or if you can’t wait, take out of the freezer and let it sit on the counter for a 10-20 minutes.
These can’t run out in our household or the world will end!! Hope you enjoy these and North Coast Natural products as much as the hubby and I do.
(Recipe Adapted from Jamie Eason’s Pumpkin Protein Bars)
- For the Bars:
- ½ cup of any brown sugar sweetener (I use Xylitol)
- 4 oz unsweetened applesuace
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup egg whites
- 1 14 oz can of raw pumpkin
- 2 cups oat flour (I buy gluten free oats and throw them in the food processor to make flour - EASY!)
- 3 scoops Vanilla 100% ISO Protein Powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- For the Chocolate Protein Glaze with Coconut:
- ¼ cup of dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 scoop 100% ISO Chocolate Protein Powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients for the bars in mixer, add in all the wet. Mix till all combined.
- Bake for 20-25min. Remove from oven and let sit to cool completely in pan.
- In a double boiler, bring water to a boil.
- Add chocolate and coconut oil for the glaze to top of double boiler.
- Constantly stir till chocolate and coconut is melted.
- Add protein powder and continue to mix till all ingredients are smooth.
- Remove chocolate mixture from heat and immediately pour/spread overtop of the cooled pumpkin bars. Make sure the whole pumpkin bar is evenly covered.
- Immediately top with coconut flakes.
- Place the pan in the fridge, let cool 1-2 hours or till completely cold and chocolate has hardened. Remove from fridge and cut with a knife into 25 pieces.
- Wrap each individually and store in freezer.
Destini Srbljanin is a Winnipeg-based blogger at The Healthy Wife. She posts delicious, nutritious recipes, fitness tips and workouts, as well as a look into her high-energy, active lifestyle. Connect with Destini here:
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest