I adore hemp seeds. They are far and away my favourite North Coast Naturals product and I find a way to add them to everything from my smoothies to my energy balls. Now, I’ve managed to incorporate them into a delicious meal of a salad with plenty of protein power.
North Coast Naturals Hemp Seeds are super versatile and with this salad they complement the south western flavours of black beans, cilantro and lime. The crispy sweet potato is the crowning glory. This salad is fresh, filling and packed with such a variety of vitamins and nutrients.
- 1 tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, and diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil (split)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp crushed pepper flakes
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp North Coast Naturals Hemp Seeds
- sea salt & fresh pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat then add the diced sweet potatoes. Cook, until lightly browned on all sides and cooked through. Stir occasionally.
- Add cumin, sea salt & pepper to taste and stir again. Remove from heat and set aside
- In a large bowl combine black beans, garlic, onion, and chopped cilantro and stir well.
- Add the cooked sweet potato and top it off with the lime juice, cumin, pepper flakes, smoked paprika and hemp seeds and last tablespoon of olive oil and stir again
Sharon Rhodes is a healthy living blogger at TheHonourSystem.com where she shares a variety of delicious and health conscious recipes. She believes in eating real food and focuses on fresh, quality ingredients. The Honour System is the perfect resource for delicious food, that just so happens to be good for you!